Sticky Coconut Chicken

Penny Hughes www.culinarycollection.blogspot.com


serves 6-8 I served this with Thai Jasmine rice - sprinkled with green onions and steamed asparagus - YUM!

6-8 boned, skinned chicken thighs (I used pounded breasts -4 cut in half)
3/4 C canned coconut milk -stirred
1 T minced fresh ginger
1 tsp fresh ground pepper
1 tsp hot chili flakes (crushed red pepper flakes)
4-5 green onions sliced on diagonal 
Chili Glaze -(recipe to follow)

Mix coconut milk, ginger, pepper and chili flakes in 9x13 pan and place chicken in to marinade for several hours or over night.

Remove chicken from marinade (keep for basting) and place on grill - high heat and turn to brown on both sides - brushing on marinade frequently. I cooked mine under the broiler and they did just fine. I finished them off with my George Foreman just for that BBQ look! Cook through until not pink is visible - about 10-15 minutes.

Serve on a warmed platter topped with Chili Glaze.

Chili Glaze

In a 2-3 qt sauce pan, combine 3/4 C rice vinegar, 1/2 C sugar, 3 Tbsp soy sauce and 1 tsp hot chili flakes. Bring to boil over high heat and cook, stirring often, until mixture is reduced to 1/2C (8-10 minutes). Use hot - and drizzle over chicken. Top with slivered green onions.